What will I learn?
At the end of this course you will:
Curriculum - Financial Statement Analysis Using Excel
- Navigation, Arrow Keys, SHIFT & CTRL
- Inserting & Editing Cells, Rows and Columns
- Deleting Cells & Commenting
- Freezing Rows & Splitting the Screen
- Special Paste: Your New Best Friend
- Introduction to Formatting & Style
- Formatting Walkthrough
- The Five Rules for Financial Modeling
- Cell Dimensions
- Styling Fundamentals
- Styling Practice
- Special Paste Review
- Applying Special Paste to the Model
- Best Practices for Number Formatting
- Forward Multiples
- Negative Numbers & Percentages
- Go To Special
- Grouping Data
- Introduction to Formulas & Conditionals
- Best Practices for Formulas and Conditionals
- Relative and Absolute Values Part 1
- Relative and Absolute Values Part 2
- Sum, Max, Min, Average
- Median, Rank, Percentile, Bonus
- Concatenation Part 1
- Concatenation Part 2
- Asking IF Twice
- Formula Error
- COUNT, COUNTA, COUNTIF
- INDEX and MATCH
- Cell Color
- Custom Formulas
- Hidden Values
- Introduction to Charts
- Best Practices for Charts
- The Basics
- Selecting Data In Column Charts
- Customize Your Chart Part 1
- Customize Your Chart Part 2
- Understand and be able to apply the concepts of the time value of money.
- Recognize the sensitivity of financial payoffs to changes in interest rates and other conditions that business managers must cope with.
- Tailor a series of future cash inflows or outflows necessary to satisfy present or future business objectives.
- Use Excel’s financial commands to convert future values to their equivalent present values, and vice versa.
- Use Excel’s financial commands to determine the net present value of a series of future cash flows.
- Calculate periodic payments for mortgages and other loans to identify how much of each payment goes to paying off the principal and how much goes to paying interest.
- Use Excel’s Goal Seek and Solver tools to achieve an objective
- Create one- and two-variable input tables to do sensitivity analysis
- Create spreadsheets for financial statements
- Identify the three key financial statements of corporations (i.e., the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows) and describe their contents and purposes
- Follow the standard formats for organizing items on financial statements.
- Interpret the items on financial statements and recognize how they’re related.
- Recognize when errors have been made in financial statements
- Use Excel’s Chart Wizard to create a scatter plot of a set of data values.
- Select non-contiguous cell ranges for plotting.
- Insert different types of trend lines on a scatter plot to see which best fits a set of data values.
- Use Excel commands (e.g., INTERCEPT, SLOPE, and CORREL) and tools (e.g., LINEST and LOGEST) to create a statistical model that follows the trend of historical data for annual revenues.
Curriculum - Using Financial Modelling for Analysis and Valuation
- Formatting the data, summarizing, and creating a presentable format.
- Manipulating Text and Numerical Data
- Using Pivot Tables to Sumerize Data
- Converting data into tabular format
- Identify high profit sales using conditional formatting
- Excel Best Practices
- Inputs/Assumptions Worksheet
- Preparing the 3 Financial Statements
- Preparing Depreciation & Amortization Schedule
- Preparing Debt Schedule
- Other Working Notes
- Understand the Business Model and Operating Model
- Modeling the Historical Statement
- Modeling Assumptions for Future Action
- Modeling Revenue Build-up – projecting the future revenues
- Modeling Cost Build-up – projecting the future cost
- Modeling the Asset Schedule
- Modeling the Depreciation Schedule – Book and Income Tax Depreciation
- Working Capital and Term Loan Modelling – Debt Infusion
- Equity Modelling – Equity Infusion
- WACC and Cost of Equity Analysis
- Performing Valuation using DCF
- Performing Sensitivity/Scenario Analysis
- Comparing the Valuation Summary using Different Parameters
How It works
Live Online Sessions
Each session is interactive and informative, featuring case studies, quizzes, and projects
Interact, Learn and Grow
bsevarisity.com enables you to master the concepts, interact with expert faculty and other learners, and be a part of the community whilst growing.
Get Certified from bsevarisity.com. Share your success with the world
Training 5 or more people?
We provide custom courses and group sessions as well. To know more about our Customized Programs.
Try BSE Business Click here