The Master of Business Administration/Master of Applied Finance double degree offers a comprehensive range of units equipping you with the skills and knowledge necessary for careers in the finance, banking and investment sectors. Upon completion of the double degree, you will have acquired a firm foundation in economic and financial theories as well as state-of-the-art quantitative financial skills. The Master of Applied Finance program is specifically intended to equip students with cutting-edge knowledge and skills in applied finance. The programme is right for you if you wish to build a career in applied finance, banking and investment, and if you have the desire and the commitment to immerse yourself in the challenging world of modern financial analysis and practice. There are no specific requirements as to the subject of your first degree, though we do expect some exposure to quantitative analysis at university level.
- The Master of Business Administration / Master of Applied Finance fulfills the educational requirements for admission as a Senior Associate (SA Fin) of Finsia - the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (Finsia). Senior Associate membership with Finsia also requires at least three years career experience in the financial services industry. The Master of Business Administration/Master of Applied Finance also allows graduates to satisfy the education requirements for professional membership of the Finance and Treasury Association (FTA) - Certified Finance and Treasury Professional (CFTP).
- The WSU Master of Applied Finance has been accepted into the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, which has become the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world. Entry into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program signals to potential students, employers, and the marketplace that the WSU Master of Applied Finance curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is well-suited to preparing students to sit for the CFA examinations. Through participation in this program, WSU is eligible to receive a limited number of student scholarships for the CFA Program each year.
- Australian Stock Brokers Association: The Stockbrokers Association of Australia, formerly known as the SDIA, is the peak industry body representing institutional and retail broking firms and investment banks in Australasia. Since formation in 1999, they have been hard at work to deliver on their mandate and actively engage their members, regulators and other market participants to further strengthen the broking profession. The Stock Brokers Association of Australia offers wide range of accreditations to enable professionals to advice and trade on the Australian Securities Exchange as per the requirement set out in ASIC market integrity rules.
- The program balances academic rigor through a technically challenging curriculum, with practical applications. The specialized curriculum integrates mathematical, statistical, and computer science tools with finance theory as applied in institutional settings. The Business Project and Internship units serve as a capstone to the foundational curriculum
- Business Law
- Business Communication - I
- Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Financial Market
- Banking Operations & Products I
- Marketing and Sales of Financial Products
- Business Economics – I
- Mutual Funds
- Corporate Finance
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Business Communication – II
- Banking Operation & Product – II
- Business Environment
- Principles of Management
How It works
Live Classroom Sessions
Each session is interactive and informative, featuring case studies, quizzes, and projects
Get Certified from BSE Institute and Share your success with the world