What Will I Learn
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
|This course consisting of online video lessons and a workbook is a small attempt to reach out to students, and novice investors and help you build a strong foundational understanding of financial markets, build your money management skills and start you of on your investment journey.|
- What is Equity?
- Concept of equity shares as capital
- Why do companies need shares?
- How do the companies issue shares (public and private)
- What is SEBI?
- Role of Sebi in the stock markets?
- What are stock exchanges?
- How does the company list its shares on the stock exchange?
- Stock exchanges and share prices
- What happens on stock ownership?
- Ownership in a company
- Journey to Private limited to public limited
- How does the company announce an IPO?
- What would happen to the existing shareholders after the IPO?
- What does the general public look for before they subscribe to the IPO?
- How does the IPO process evolve?
- Which of the financial intermediaries involved in the IPO?
- What happens after the company goes public?
- What happens when a stock gets listed?
- Face value vs. Market value
- Market Capitalisation
- What are indices?
- Why indices are important?
- Who sets the price in the Stock Market?
- Need for investing
- Investing in equity is like investing into a business
- Dividend vs. Capital gains
- Power of Compounding
- Why Equity works?
- Lessons from history
- Bull vs. Bear markets
- Stock market crash vs. Correction
- Short term vs. Long term investing - holding period
- What is debt capital?
- Features of debt capital
- Issuers of debt securities
- Credit risk and ratings
- What is a Mutual Fund and how does it work
- Open and Close-ended funds
- Investing in mutual funds vs direct equity
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mutual Funds
- Is investing in mutual funds risk-free?
- Equity funds
- Debt funds
- Hybrid funds
- Index funds and ETFs
- PAN and KYC – Know your Customer (Why, What, How – Open an account)
- Is there a Minimum investment in mutual funds?
- Linking of bank account
- Who sets the price of mutual funds?
- Exit loads on withdrawals
- Expense ratios of Mutual Funds and its impact on returns
- Taxation of Mutual Funds
- Risk profile, horizon and return expectations
- Debt, Equity and Gold?
- Why ETFs (including Gold ETFs)
- Direct Plan
- Growth or Dividend?
- Lumpsum or SIP: Why SIP?
- What is Portfolio Investing
- How to build a Mutual Fund Portfolio
- How mutual funds make money for you: Capital gains, dividend, NAV
- How is return from mutual funds computed?
- Why SIP should not be discontinued even during a market crash?
- Myth busting
- Why College students are the best investors?
- Choose right type of funds for you.
- The magic of compounding is only in the number of years you give to your investment.
- Things to remember while investing in mutual funds
- Human biases and their interference with investing decisions
How It works
| SELF PACED COURSE
i. The program would be open to all the students of 9th to 12th std.
ii. The course will be listed on the BSE Varsity portal from where the student can purchase the course.
iii. On successful the student will be provided User ID and password to access to the course.
iv. The certification will include the following:
• E-workbook covering the learnings of the course
• Online course videos organized module wise available for access
• Final quick online assessment
• Monthly report on students who have registered for and completed the course
v. The participants will be required to complete on-line modules and the final assessment to qualify for the certification.
vi. E-Certification will be awarded to the participants on passing the final exam
Interact, Learn and Grow
bsevarsity.com enables you to master the concepts, interact with expert faculty and other learners and be a part of the community whilst growing.
Get Certified from bsevarsity.com. Share your success with the world
Training 5 or more people?
We provide custom courses and group sessions as well. To know more about our Customized Programs.
Try BSE Business Click here