What Will I Learn
At the end of this course you will know:
- Before implementing successful trading strategies, it is important to understandwhat drives the movements of currencies in the foreign exchange market. Thebest strategies tend to be the ones that combine both fundamental and technicalanalysis
- Textbook perfect technical formations have failed too often because ofmajor fundamental news and events. But trading on fundamentals alone can also be limiting.
- There will oftentimes be sharp gyrations in the price of currency on a day when there are no news or economic reports. This suggests that the price action is driven by nothing more than flows, sentiment, and pattern formations.
- For any type of trader, fundamental or technical, the importance of economicdata cannot be underestimated.All traders, fundamental, technical, orboth, will find it valuable to know when important economic data are scheduled forrelease, particularly those that will affect the U.S. dollar. This is because majority of allcurrency trades are against the greenback, making currencies naturally sensitive toU.S. economic releases.
- When it comes to forex, one of the most important things to know is thatcurrencies do not trade in a vacuum. In many cases, foreign economicconditions, interest rates, and price changes affect much more than just a singlecurrency pair.
- Everything is interrelated in the forex market to some extent andknowing the direction and how strong this relationship is can be an advantage; ithas the potential to be a great trading tool.
- The bottom line is that unless you only want to trade one pair at a time, it can be very profitable to take into accounthow pairs move relative to one another.
- To trade successfully on an intraday basis, it is important to be selective. Trendtrading is one of the most popular strategies employed by global macro hedgefunds. Although many traders prefer to range trade, the big profit potentials tend to lie in trades that capture and participate in big market moves.
- One of the most useful technical indicators in my experience is Bollinger Bands.Traditionally, Bollinger Bands are used as overbought and oversold indicators,but given the trending nature of currencies, there are more efficient ways to use the bands.
- Trading breakouts can be both a rewarding and frustrating endeavor as breakoutshave a tendency to fail. A major reason why this can occur frequently in theforeign exchange market is because it is more technically driven than others and as a result, there are many market participants who intentionally look to break pairs out in order to ‘‘suck’’ in other nonsuspecting traders
- One of the best ways to approach currency trading on a fundamental basisis to pair the strongest currency with the weakest. Of course finding thatpairing is rarely simple because it is not just about which countries are the strongest or weakest right now but instead which ones will become strong or weak going forward.
- Finding these currencies can also be challenging because we live in a global economy where the health of one major economy will affect the outlook of another.
- Commodities like gold and oil have an important connection to the FX market.Understanding the nature of these relationship can help traders gauge risk,forecast price changes, and understand exposure. Even if commodities are unfamiliar, they will often move on the same fundamental factors as currencies, particularly when it comes to popular instruments such as gold and oil.
- Risk reversals are a useful fundamental-based tool to add to your mix of tradingindicators. One of the weaknesses of currency trading is the lack of volume dataand accurate indicators for gauging sentiment.
How It works
Live Online Sessions
Each session is interactive and informative, featuring case studies, quizzes and projects
Interact, Learn and Grow
bsevarsity.com enables you to master the concepts, interact with expert faculty and other learners, and be a part of the community whilst growing.
Get Certified from bsevarsity.com. Share your success with the world
Training 5 or more people ?
We provide custom courses and group sessions as well. To know more about our Customized Programs, click here.